Saturday, May 5, 2012

Finally! Landscape!

So my last post talked about how I wanted to find something that I was truly interested in.  Something that I could do and keep busy with.  Something that made me feel productive.  I promised myself that each week I would try something new.  Since my last post, my new things each week have been landscaping.  I know I know.  It isn't something new each week but it has kept me very busy and active! 

We first started by getting ready to lay sod in the front yard.  I spent all day that Friday moving the landscape rock from the front yard over to our side yard.  What a pain!  Literally.  I could barely move my arms the next day.  When David came home from work we worked together in getting the front yard leveled out and tilled so that it was ready for the sod first thing Saturday morning!  That was interesting.  The tiller we got took so much strength and effort to keep it in one place.  We had to take turns hanging onto the tiller.  Seriously the worst but best workout of my life!  Then it was loading the rolls of sod up into the trucks at mom and dad's house and then back to our house to lay them!  About two hours later... Grass!!!  Yay!  It is so nice to have grass in the front yard for Macy to crawl around and play in.  David made me a little side flower bed where I planted lilac trees, pansies and some columbine!  Beautiful! 

Since then we have planted more flowers in the very front yard facing the street.  Mexican heather, geraniums and petunias.  Macy and I went to Home Depot today and got two rose bushes for next to the garage!  I love them!













Then all of this week, while having a terrible cold, we cleared up the back yard to lay sod back there!  Let me just say that raking the pine needles out of the back was seriously like raking the forest.  It was awful!  But we suffered through it and David laid the last of the sod last night.  Now in a big backyard of dust and dirt, Macy has a small space to play in.  Hopefully that will change soon and we will be able to finish the back. 

I have really enjoyed landscaping these past couple of weeks.  It has been really fun being outside and being creative on what plants to put where.  All of the outdoor time has made Macy sleep WONDERFULLY!!!!!  Fresh air... yay!  All of the manual labor has made me lose 4 lbs. since we started :)  I now know what has kept my parents looking so young for so long! But I think the best thing about all of this landscaping, is that it has let me and David work together in a different kind of way!  We have had so much fun playing in the dirt, laughing and having great talks.  Not to mention, creating our home!  Landscaping --- Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment