Monday, April 16, 2012

Finding... Something

I have a wonderful life!  I was raised by amazing parents in a very loving family.  I have wonderful siblings that I know will always be there for me.  I was lucky enough to marry my best friend who is the most caring and lovable man I have ever met.  I have a beautiful daughter that I love more than anything.  I have a home filled with love and the spirit of our Heavenly Father.  I am blessed to get to be a stay-at-home mom because of the hard work of my husband.  All of these things are wonderful and fulfilling! I love my then, now and the things to come!

Lately however, I have been feeling like I am not doing anything.  I see these young moms that do photography or crafts.  Many of my friends have gone to college and some on missions.  Most are married with babies or careers.  I see my sister-in-law that is so charitable in everything she does.  I have a sister that is so engaged in the lives of her children and their school activities.  I watch girls bake amazing treats and make beautiful wreaths and baby blankets, or those with incredible musical talents, and I think to myself "what do I do!?" 

I have really struggled lately with finding a hobby that I truly enjoy and want to fill my days and time with.  I try to think of something that I can do to better myself and help me grow as an individual and a daughter of God.  So today on a walk with my mom, I decided that now is the time!  To help me find something that I really like to do I decided that once a week I am going to try something new!  I am not setting limits on the types of stuff I will do.  Maybe photography, writing, quilting, gardening, cooking, family history.  Who knows!? 

Since nothing TOO exciting happens in our daily lives, I will catalog my hobby journeys on this blog. Among stuff that Macy does and things we do and experience as a family.  Maybe in writing it all down, it will help me find that something that I love doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment