I was living in Salt Lake City and absolutely loved it. I had a great job, a wonderful apartment and the greatest group of friends. Coming back to live in Flagstaff was the furthest thing from my mind. But then came the 4th of July. I came home for the weekend and on my last day in town I took a evening walk with my parents. During our conversation I randomly said "So I think I need to move home to Flagstaff." Whoa whoa whoa! Where did that statement come from? I had no idea. My parents were shocked as well.
When I got back up to SLC and back to the daily grind, I couldn't shake the thought that I needed to be back in Flag. But why? I had already lived there many times. I tried school, work and the institute. There was nothing there for me. Well, besides family. But still, I couldn't shake it. After a lot of prayer and fasting, I made my decision. Flagstaff it was! One month later, I moved back home.
Two days after I came home I decided to go to Institute volleyball on Thursday night. What the heck? When I got there, my friend Jay pulled me onto his team right away. As I looked around I knew everybody, except one person. David. "Hi, I'm Jacque! What's your name?" I asked him. "Hey, I'm George." I remember thinking "Wow, you don't look like a George at all." I must have given him a look that sarcastically said "What a great name George!" because he immediately smiled and said, "Just kidding. I'm Dave." I played a game and took off home to go to bed, not saying another word to him.
About a month and a half later I had been called to be a ward missionary. While looking over the ward list, my friend Kaylin, who was the Family Home Evening coordinator, asked me "Do you know who David Ammon Robles is?" "No, I do not know who David Ammon Robles is." We had no idea who he was but we had so much fun saying his name for like the next week. David Ammon Robles. We would work his name into random conversations, just to say it.
Then the FHE group got together at my house for french toast and games. I was in the
kitchen, apron on, hands deep into egg yolk and milk when my friend Jesse walked in the side door (aka, the family and close friends entrance at mom and dads house.) Following close behind Jesse was his roommate David Ammon Robles! "George!" I exclaimed. "No, Dave." he said. "That's right!". I Jesse introduced us and I was floored that he was David Ammon Robles. Throughout the rest of the evening my little crush on him began. Who could resist that smile? Since I was close friends with Jesse, Kaylin and I went over to their house after FHE to hang out for a little bit. The crush grew stronger!
Later that week, the guys had a party at their house. During the party Jesse, being his matchmaker self, put David and I on the same team for scategories. The next evening after church, we all got together again to watch a movie and eat brownines and David held my hand for the first time! The next night (Monday) we went to FHE again. I casually asked David what his plans were for the week and he told me work and then said "but on Friday, I am taking you to dinner!" "Oh really?" I asked. We spend the week hanging out everyday, getting to know each other and I started to quickly realize why I was supposed to come home to Flagstaff!
On our first date he took my to Sedona for dinner and then we drove to Cottonwood to watch my sister-in-law's little brothers football game with my brother, sister-in-law and their kiddos. Random I know. After the game we went back to Sedona, drove up on the overlook and he kissed me. It took him soooooooooooo long to get up the courage to do it but he finally did. At that point, we were pretty much an official couple.
The next weekend we went to Kingman so that I could meet his wonderful parents, Mike and Valerie. Then the next Saturday, he took me back to Sedona for dinner at Javelina Cantina, took me back to the spot where his kissed me, and he proposed! Just three weeks of really knowing each other and only two weeks of dating, we were getting married! I couldn't believe it. I was so happy.
We were married on May 21, 2010 in the Mesa Arizona Temple! Looking back, how the whole thing happened really feels like a dream. It is amazing how the Lord works. I fought like crazy to move back to Flagstaff but Heavenly Father knew were I needed to be and made it happen!






Love this, its so sweet!
ReplyDelete